Since Halloween is just few days round the corner, we choose to try out this appetizing food recipe to have a tasty and delicious Yummy Mummy Brie.
Yummy Mummy Brie is a festive appetizer that will get your guests all wrapped up in for the Halloween party.
What You’ll Need (Ingredients)
- 1 sheet from a (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (13-ounce) Brie cheese round
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 chocolate chips for garnish
What to Do (Methods)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On a cutting board, unfold puff pastry sheet and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- Slice Brie horizontally in half. Remove top and spread raspberry jam evenly over bottom half, then return top half to its place. Place Brie in the middle of the prepared baking sheet. Wrap the strips of puff pastry around the Brie, crisscrossing the strips randomly, but leaving an opening for the “eyes”, and tuck the ends under. (See photo)
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush lightly over puff pastry.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and Brie is soft and melting. Place chocolate chips in the opening left for the eyes. Let sit 5 minutes then serve.
- Surround these with slices of apple, your favorite vegetables, and crackers and get ready for a treat that your “Mummy” would approve of.