Today, we are trying out the Carribean SaltFish Fritters dish.
To prepare Saltfish Fritters, one can needs 15 minutes and 20 minutes to cook saltfish fritters for one person as a meal.
For 1 Person(s)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) counter flour
- 8 ounce(s) saltfish, soaked, deboned and flaked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk(s) escallion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup(s) water or milk
- 1 medium egg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) scotch bonnet pepper, deseed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Grace Vegetable Oil
In a large bowl place counter flour, flaked saltfish, chopped onion, escallion and diced tomatoes and mix well.
Gradually add water to make a smooth batter, then egg (if used). Batter should be thick and of a dropping consistency.
Season with salt (if used), black pepper and scotch bonnet pepper.
In a large skillet heat Grace Vegetable Oil, drop batter by tablespoons full into hot oil and fry until brown on one side, turn and continue frying until done.
Drain on absorbent paper towel. Serve hot.
To Serve:Great as a breakfast item, smaller sizes are excellent as appetizers.