The weekend is here, you can make for your family this easy and interesting dish for them to enjoy.
This is what you need to take care of them as they enjoy the weekend.
1Kg Maris piper potates, peeled and halved.
400ml milk, plus a splash
25g butter, plus knob
25g plain flour
4 spring onions finelysliced
1 x pack fish Pie mix(cod, salmon, smoked haddock, weight around 320g -400g depending on the pack size.)
1 tsp Dijon or English Mustard
1/2 a 25g pack or a small bunch chives finely snipped
Hand frozen sweet corn
Hand frozen petits pois
Handful grated cheddar
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C /gas mark 6.
- Put 1kg potatoes, peeled and halved, in a saucepan and pour over enough water to cover them. Bring to the boil and then simmer until tender.
- When cooked, drain thoroughly and mash with a splash of milk and a knob of butter. Season with ground black pepper.
- Put 25g butter, 25g plain flour and 4 finely sliced spring onions in another pan and heat gently until the butter has melted, stirring regularly. Cook for 1 -2 mins.
- Gradually whisk in 400ml milk using a balloon whisk if you have one. Bring to the boil, stirring to avoid any lumps and sticking at the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes until thickened.
- Take off the heat and stir in 320g-400g mixed fish, 1 tsp Dijon or English mustard, a small bunch of finely snipped chives, handful of sweetcorn and handful of petits pois. Spoon into an ovenproof dish or 6- 8 ramekins.
- Spoon the potato on top and sprinkle with a handful of grated cheddar cheese.
- Pop in the oven for 20 – 25 mins or until golden and bubbling at the edges. Alternatively, cover and freeze the pie or mini pies for another time.