Conor McGregor turned himself in to New York police hours after he and others attacked a bus filled with UFC 223 fighters at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Thursday, NYPD reported.
McGregor, who was labeled a person of interest earlier in the day, he has been been charged with Assault and New York police spokesperson George Tsourovakas said the investigation is ongoing.
McGregor, UFC’s lightweight champ and the sport’s biggest star, was seen on video hurling objects at a bus that was leaving the arena for an area hotel at the conclusion of UFC 223’s media day. Police said McGregor and about 10 others “became irate and began throwing various items, damaging property.”
Fighters Michael Chiesa (facial injuries) and Ray Borg (eye injury) were forced from their bouts at UFC 223 as result of the attack. UFC President Dana White also threw Artem Lobov off the card because of his involvement in the incident with McGregor.
“This is the most disgusting thing that has happened in the history of the company,” White said.
Outrageous from Conor McGregor. pic.twitter.com/IuvlC8uQQI
— Sun Sport (@SunSport) April 6, 2018